I am surprised and flattered that I was named for a Stylish Blog Award by Steph, who writes the A House Full of Faeries blog.
My husband came across Steph's blog when he Googled "incompetent cervix" a few months ago and I was happy to find someone who had experienced a very similar incident to what I am going through now, and has gone on to have more children despite the challenges she faces. Steph is currently pregnant with her fourth baby and I enjoy checking in now and again to see how things are going. As a former labor and delivery nurse and Mom to three girls, I can always count on learning a lot from her posts.
So here are the rules that go along with the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave me the award
2. Share seven things about myself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers to tell them of their award
1. I'm 41 and am having my first baby which feels intimidating at times but things tend to come late for me; I didn't get my college degree until I was 34.
2. I suppose one of the oddest things about me is I can't stand Victorian furniture. It gives me panic attacks. Seriously. I get a good laugh out of this until I'm in the unfortunate position of being anywhere near Victorian furniture.
3. My spiritual journey is one of the most important and rewarding aspects of my life, one that has brought profound changes and positive growth for me.
4. I've loved photography since I was a kid and found a camera lying in the snow in our backyard! I have three series of photos stored on my computer that I hope to one day see framed on a gallery wall.
5. I write poetry and recently started writing a memoir. In the past I've written articles for online political web sites and art web sites. A couple of my articles on art and artists became number one Google searches.
6. I love American history and before my pregnancy complications had volunteered for a local organization that is restoring a Shaker village.
7. I've lived in Ohio for eleven years but will always think of New England as my home.
Well, there's no way I can list 15 blogs. I'm afraid I just don't read that many, but here is a list of the few that I do read and enjoy.
1. A House Full of Faeries is regularly read for the above mentioned reasons. Also, Steph has three absolutely adorable babies, and what's cuter than an adorable girl in a snowsuit, I ask? Not much!
2. Cindy is an old friend from Boston. This is a woman who sets her goals and works hard to achieve them and her blog Pretty Neat Things is entertaining and enjoyable to read, I especially enjoy the Cheesy Thursday posts.
3. Wendilea and Gerry are not only really cool people but they are on a really cool adventure right now, having left their home to travel around in a VW Eurovan along with their beloved rabbit, Otis. Interesting stories and great photos are a highlight of their blog, Astral Nomads.
4. In tandem to the above is Gerry's blog, Gerry Boyd's Poetry. These days his poetry adds a nice dimension to their travelogue.
5. An "oldie but goodie" is Farmgirl Fare. I was an avid read two or three years ago and just recently picked it up again. The author provides stories of farm living and recipes.
6. A stylish blog? Probably not, but Washington's Blog is the blog of one of my favorite rabble rousers. The author brings loads of information often overlooked by the mainstream media. Sobering, at times overwhelming, but always thought provoking.
7. This is a new discovery, Flying Solo, written by an artistic woman who lives in Mexico. I look forward to reading more of her posts.
Thanks again, Steph. Onward and upward!